- A white crystalline element, C6H4(CO)2O, prepared by oxidizing naphthalene and utilized in the make of phthaleins also dyes, resins, plasticizers, and pesticides.
- The acid anhydride of phthalic acid; manufactured because of the oxidation of xylene or naphthalene, popular when you look at the synthesis of dyes, pesticides, plasticizers and pharmaceuticals.
- a white cyclic anhydride
- Definition for "phthalic anhydride"
- A white crystalline element, C6H4(CO)2O, prepared by oxidizing…
- View More
- Hypernym for "phthalic anhydride"