- some of a number of perennial reeds of the genus Phragmites inside grass family members, discovered global in marshes and wetlands and achieving stems up to nearly 6 meters (20 feet) long.
- Any of several perennial reeds, of genus Phragmites, present wetlands.
- A genus of grasses of the tribe Festuceæ and subtribe Arundineæ, distinguished from the relative Arundo by spikelets because of the least expensive rose staminate or sterile.
- reeds of marshes and riversides in exotic or temperate areas
Sentence for "phragmites"
- Environmental experts said that the plants…
Hypernym for "phragmites"