- development or motion of a sessile organism toward or from a source of light.
- the action of a plant towards or from light
- The tendency of growing plant organs to maneuver or curve under the influence of light. In ordinary use the term is almost similar to heliotropism.
- exhibiting movement in a direction toward (positive phototropism) or away from (negative phototropism) a source of light.
- The growth and/or bending of organisms or of areas of organisms with regards to light; heliotropism.
- Same as phototaxis, 2.
- Same as phototropy, 2.
- an orienting response to light
Sentence for "phototropism"
- Maybe there's some phototropism in there…
Hyponym for "phototropism"
Hypernym for "phototropism"
Variant for "phototropism"