- A light-producing organ discovered especially in marine fishes that gives off light from specialized frameworks or derives light from symbiotic luminescent micro-organisms.
- A light-emitting organ, present in some fish along with other marine pets.
- a kind of endoscope utilizing a power light.
- A light-emitting organ; specif., among luminous spots on specific marine (mostly deep-sea) fishes.
- A luminous area which has reference to the nervous system in fishes, especially in deep-sea species.
- An apparatus for illuminating any obtainable internal an element of the body for the true purpose of inspection.
- In microscopy, an apparatus, including a mirror, for finding areas whenever immersed in a staining substance; a section-finder.
Definition for "photophore"
- A light-producing organ discovered especially in marine fishes…
Sentence for "photophore"
- This arrangement supplies radiant heat and…