- Penetrated by or obtaining light.
- Designating or concerning the layer of a body of water which penetrated by adequate sunlight for photosynthesis: the photic area of this ocean.
- of, associated with, or irradiated by light; particularly describing that the main near-surface sea is which photosynthesis is possible
- Of or pert. to light; specif., relating to the production of light by the lower animals.
- of or relating to or due to light
- Of or related to those forms of radiation that are effective of luminous impacts; relating to light.
- In phytogeography, well-lighted: designating the top of bright area of systems of water where light is sufficiently intense the regular improvement microphytes. Correlated with dysphotic and aphotic.
Definition for "photic"
Sentence for "photic"
Form for "photic"