- The science or practice of transcribing message in the shape of symbols representing elements of noise; phonetic transcription.
- a method of shorthand according to phonetic transcription.
- the transcription of speech making use of signs
- a type of shorthand using such signs
- the skill of making, or using, the phonograph.
- A description of this regulations regarding the real human sound, or appears uttered by the body organs of address.
- A representation of noises by unique figures; frequently, something of shorthand writing conceived by Isaac Pitman, or an adjustment of his system, a great deal employed by reporters.
- The art of constructing, or making use of, the phonograph.
- The technology of sound-signs, or the representation of vocal sounds.
- The representation of terms since they are pronounced; particularly, a system of phonetic writing in shorthand introduced by Isaac Pitman of Bath, England, around 1837.
- The construction and employ of phonographs, therefore the recording of noise by technical means, with a view to its reproduction.
Sentence for "phonography"
- Look at the words 'defective,' 'phonography'…
Urban Dictionary for "phonography"
- Dirty confer with your boyfriend/girlfriend/general object…