- any one of several borrowing marine bivalve molluscs associated with the genus Pholas
- Anyone of numerous species of marine bivalve mollusks associated with the genus Pholas, or family Pholadidæ. They bore holes on their own in clay, peat, and smooth stones.
- the conventional genus associated with the family members Pholadidæ and subfamily Pholadinæ.
- [lowercase] A species associated with the genus Pholas; a pholad; a piddock. See cut under piddock.
- kind genus of household Pholadidae: piddocks
- Definition for "pholas"
- any one of several borrowing marine bivalve molluscs…
- View More
- Sentence for "pholas"
- Hypernym for "pholas"