- A noncommissioned naval officer intermediate in ranking between enlisted personnel and commissioned officials.
- A non-commissioned officer in the usa and UK Navy together with US Coast Guard; about equal to a sergeant in the military
- a noncommissioned officer inside Navy or coast-guard with a rank much like sergeant in the Army
- a subofficer in the navy, as a gunner, etc., corresponding to a noncommissionned officer into the military.
Sentence for "petty officer"
Hyponym for "petty officer"
Hypernym for "petty officer"
Urban Dictionary for "petty officer"
- A petty officer is a non-commissioned…