- Relating to or located near the petrous percentage of the temporal bone.
- Of, with respect to, or located near the petrous area of the temporal bone
- tough; stony; petrous
- Of, with respect to, or in the location of, the petrous, or petrosal, bone tissue, or perhaps the corresponding part of the temporal bone tissue.
- A petrosal bone tissue.
- The auditory pill.
- A petrosal bone.
- The auditory capsule.
- The periotic or petrous part of the temporal bone. See cuts under craniofacial, hyoid, and periotic.
- In ichthyology, same as proötic and opisthotic.
- Petrous; of relatively great hardness, since stone or rock: stated of petrous an element of the temporal bone.
- Of or regarding the petrous part of the temporal bone tissue: as, the petrosal nerves.
- The petrous an element of the temporal bone.
Sentence for "petrosal"
- Mammals have an elongated cochleal canal…
Synonym for "petrosal"
Cross Reference for "petrosal"