- Botany The stalk through which a leaf is attached to a stem. Also called leafstalk.
- Zoology A slender, stalklike part, as that linking the thorax and stomach in a few bugs.
- The stalk of a leaf, affixing the knife towards the stem.
- A narrow or constricted section of the body of an insect. Used especially to refer towards metasomal section of Hymenoptera such as for instance wasps.
- The stalk on base of the nest associated with the paper wasp.
- A leafstalk; the footstalk of a leaf, connecting the knife utilizing the stem. See Illust. of leaf.
- A stalk or peduncle.
- In botany, a leafstalk; the stalk or assistance in which the knife or limb of a leaf is connected to the stem.
- In entomology, the slender sclerite or sclerites where the abdomen of several bugs is united to your thorax.
- the thin stem that supports the knife of a leaf
- Definition for "petiole"
- Botany The stalk through which a leaf is…
- View More
- Sentence for "petiole"
- Synonym for "petiole"
- Hyponym for "petiole"
- Hypernym for "petiole"
- Same Context for "petiole"
- Variant for "petiole"