- a little flask-shaped fruiting human anatomy in ascomycetous fungi which has the ascospores.
- An ascocarp shaped like a skittle or basketball, distinguished by a little pore, the ostiole, by which the spores tend to be released one after another when ready.
- An organ in some fungi and lichens, surrounding and enveloping the masses of fructification.
- In botany, a cup-shaped envelop (or ascocarp) with all the margin incurved so as to form a narrow-mouthed hole, inclosing the fructification of specific fungi, lichens, etc.
- flask-shaped ascocarp
Sentence for "perithecium"
- My radio city christmas rutland contemporaneous…
Hypernym for "perithecium"
Variant for "perithecium"