- Architecture Having an individual row of columns on all edges.
- in the middle of one row of articles
- Having columns on all edges; -- said of an edifice. See apteral.
- having articles on all edges
- In structure, enclosed by one selection of columns: stated particularly of a temple when the cella is in the middle of columns. See cut-under opisthodomos.
- Any peripteral building, specifically a Greek or Roman temple with articles on every part. In addition peripteros. See slashed at opisthodomus.
Sentence for "peripteral"
Equivalent for "peripteral"
Variant for "peripteral"