- Having sepals, petals, and stamens all over edge of a cuplike receptacle containing the ovary, such as flowers for the flower or cherry.
- Of or being perigynous flower components: perigynous stamens.
- obtaining the stamens, petals or sepals situated around the ovary (especially, on rim of this receptacle of a superior ovary).
- Having a hypanthium.
- obtaining the ovary free, although petals and stamens borne regarding calyx; -- stated of flower including that the cherry or peach.
- In botany, surrounding the pistil: particularly placed on a flower in which there is a tubular band or sheath surrounding the pistil and where various areas of the flower are placed.
Sentence for "perigynous"
- Series 3, Calyciflorae, has petals and…
Cross Reference for "perigynous"