- The external levels of structure of woody roots and stems, composed of the cork cambium and the cells created by it, eg cork.
- The external level of plant tissue; the outer bark.
- The perisarc; the difficult outer level of hydroids as well as other marine animals.
- The external layer of bark.
- The hard exterior covering of hydroids alongside marine creatures; the perisarc.
- In zoology, epiderm or cuticle creating an investing sheath or tube, such as some tubularian hydromedusans; some sort of hard perisarc or cortical level of cœnosarc of certain hydrozoans.
- 2. In botany, the constant layers of cork which address the stems of several plants when they obtained a specific age.
Definition for "periderm"
- The external levels of structure of woody roots…
Sentence for "periderm"