- An extract or selection from a novel, especially a reading from a Scripture that forms part of a church solution.
- A section of text creating a coherent thought, ideal for use within a speech.
- A passage of Scripture to be look over in public worship or a book containing these types of passages.
- a range or draw out from a novel; particularly (Theol.), a range from Bible, appointed becoming read inside the churches or used as a text for a sermon.
- An extract; a variety from a book; particularly, in the ancient Christian church, a passage of Scripture appointed to-be read on particular Sundays and festive occasions.
- 2. In old prosody, a small grouping of several methods.
Definition for "pericope"
- An extract or selection from a novel, especially…
Sentence for "pericope"
- This is an interpretation that fits…