- In Persian mythology, a lovely and benevolent supernatural being or fairy, earlier in the day seen as malevolent.
- a sprite or supernatural being in Persian mythology.
- An imaginary being, male or female, like an elf or fairy, represented as a descendant of fallen angels, omitted from haven till penance is carried out.
- In Pers. myth., an elf or fairy, male or female, represented as a descendant of fallen angels, excluded from haven till their particular penance is carried out.
- (Persian folklore) a supernatural being descended from fallen angels and excluded from paradise until penance is done
- a beautiful and graceful girl
- In heraldry, low in dimensions: generally speaking comparable to couped. Cuzzens, Handbook of Heraldry.
- A prefix in terms of Greek source or development, meaning ‘around,’ ‘about,’ ‘near,’ equal to circum- of Latin beginning, as with periphery equal to circumference, etc.
Sentence for "peri"
Hypernym for "peri"
Same Context for "peri"
Urban Dictionary for "peri"
- (In Persian mythology) a mythical superhuman…