- Any of a small grouping of polysaccharides discovered with cellulose in several woody plants and producing pentoses on hydrolysis.
- Any polysaccharide made up of pentoses
- among a course of complex carbohydrates which yield pentoses whenever hydrolyzed. They occur in many flowers, in lots of gums, in grass, humus, and lignite.
- One of a course of substances (complex carbs commonly distributed in flowers, like in fresh fruits, gums, forests, hay, etc.) which yield pentoses on hydrolysis.
Sentence for "pentosan"
- This is a complete nonsense, because…
Equivalent for "pentosan"