- Any of several plants of the genus Thlaspi, having small flattened seed pods with winglike margins, especially the Eurasian species T. arvense, a weed naturalized throughout the united states.
- some of several plants, for the genus Thlaspi, that have flattened seedpods (by means of a vintage cent)
- an annual natural herb of this Mustard family, having round, level pods like silver cents (Thlaspi arvense). Also spelled pennycress.
- some of a number of plants of genus Thlaspi; see penny-cress.
- A cruciferous natural herb, Thlaspi arvense, discovered throughout European countries and temperate Asia, and sparingly naturalized in the us.
- any one of a few plants of this genus Thlaspi
Sentence for "pennycress"
- “It showed that Alpine pennycress was…
Hyponym for "pennycress"
Hypernym for "pennycress"