- anybody of numerous types of Pennatula, Pteroides, and allied genera of Alcyonaria, having a featherlike form; a sea-pen. The zooids tend to be situated along one side of the medial side branches.
- the conventional genus of Pennatulidæ the sea-pens. P. phosphorea is a European species. See cut-under Alcyonaria.
- [lowercase] A polyp of this genus Pennatula; a sea-pen.
- type genus associated with family members Pennatulidae: water pens
Sentence for "pennatula"
- Subtropical matorral habitats consist of Acacia…
Hypernym for "pennatula"