- Having or resembling a tuft or brush of good hairs, as those on caterpillars and certain grasses.
- Having tufts of good hairs, or perhaps in the form of a tuft of fine hairs.
- Having the as a type of a pencil; furnished with a pencil of good hairs; ending in a tuft of hairs like a camel's-hair brush, as the stigmas of some grasses.
- creating or formed into just a little tuft or brush, especially by the end or tip: since, a penicillate end; the penicillate or brushy tongue of a lory.
- supplied with a penicillium.
- Streaky; scratchy; penciled.
- In entomology, specifically, provided with penicils.
- In botany, pencil-shaped; composed of big money of hairs resembling those of a hair pen.
- Definition for "penicillate"
- Having or resembling a tuft or brush of…
- View More
- Sentence for "penicillate"
- Cross Reference for "penicillate"