- The coating of a mammal, consisting of tresses, fur, wool, or other smooth covering, as distinct from bare epidermis.
- Anything believed to look like the layer of a mammal: "The hardwoods had been a soft pale-green at nighttime pelage of this conifers” ( Peter Matthiessen).
- fur, or other kind of the coat of a mammal collectively
- The covering, or coat, of a mammal, whether of wool, fur, or locks.
- The hair, fur, wool, or any other soft covering of a mammal: a standard technical term in zoölogy, utilized as plumage is by using regard to birds.
- development of tresses or wool or fur within the human body of a pet
Sentence for "pelage"
- It's not surprising, then, that Ms.…
Synonym for "pelage"
Hyponym for "pelage"
Hypernym for "pelage"