- Botany a little stalk or stalklike part bearing just one flower in an inflorescence.
- Botany A support for a fern sporangium or moss capsule.
- See pedicle.
- A stalk of specific flower; a stalk bearing an individual rose or spore-producing human anatomy within a cluster.
- A stalk-shaped body part; an anatomical part that resembles a stem or stalk.
- A narrow stalk-like body part in bugs and other arthropods, utilized in various particular sensory faculties.
- a slender stalk
- A stalk which aids one flower or fruit, whether solitary or among the many ultimate divisions of a typical peduncle. See peduncle, and Illust. of rose.
- A slender support of any special organ, as that of a capsule in mosses, an air vesicle in algæ, or a sporangium in ferns.
- A slender stem where specific associated with the lower creatures or their eggs are connected. See Illust. of Aphis lion.
- The ventral part of each region of the neural arch linking with the centrum of a vertebra.
- An outgrowth of the frontal bones, which supports the antlers or horns in deer and allied animals.
- In botany, the greatest unit of a common peduncle; the stalk that supports one rose only when there are many on a peduncle.
- In zoology and physiology, some foot or foot-like component; a footlet; a footstalk, pedicle, or peduncle.
- a little stalk bearing an individual flower of an inflorescence; an ultimate division of a common peduncle
Sentence for "pedicel"
- a common short branchlet, loosely imbricate,…
Hyponym for "pedicel"
Hypernym for "pedicel"
Variant for "pedicel"