- Having forecasts resembling one's teeth of a comb; comblike.
- Resembling a comb.
- Having sections that are significantly lengthened to a single side.
- Resembling tooth of a comb.
- Having really thin, close divisions, in arrangement and regularity resembling those of a comb; comblike. See Illust. (age) of Antennæ.
- Interlaced, like two combs.
- like a comb
- An ester or salt formed of pectinic acid.
- Having teeth like a comb; created as or into a pectination; comb-like in figure; pectinated: as, the pectinate muscles of heart; pectinate scales of a fish; pectinate armature for the preoperculum.
- Specifically— Having a pecten, pectination, or comb-like component or organ; pectinated: as, the pectinate claw of a bird.
- In botany, having resemblance into teeth of a comb, or arranged like all of them: particularly put on a pinnatifid organ, specially a leaf, with narrow close portions, like teeth of a comb.
- In botany, to create an interdigitated arrangement (see pectinated, 2): said of fibrovascular bundles.
- Definition for "pectinate"
- Having forecasts resembling one's teeth of a comb;…
- View More
- Sentence for "pectinate"
- The term pectinate sulcate is employed…
- View More
- Cross Reference for "pectinate"
- Equivalent for "pectinate"
- Etymologically Related for "pectinate"
- Variant for "pectinate"