- any one of different thin marine fish of family Carapidae, resembling eels.
- Any fish whose scales yield a pearl-like pigment used in production artificial pearls, once the bleak, and whitebait.
- a standard title of Fierasfer affinis, a fish based in the Bay of Panama, within the shells associated with the pearl-oyster; any fish of family Fierasferidæ, which lives inside shells of mollusks plus in huge Holothuria.
- A minnow, Alburnus lucidus, and other allied species, varying over Europe and western Asia. The pearly matter from their machines is employed when you look at the make of synthetic pearls.
- discovered living within the alimentary canals of e.g. ocean cucumbers or amongst the shells of pearl oysters in or near low seagrass bedrooms
- discovered residing within the alimentary canals of e.g. water cucumbers or between the shells of pearl oysters in or near low seagrass beds
Hypernym for "pearlfish"
- View More