- A ringing of a set of bells, especially a big change or pair of modifications rung on bells.
- some bells tuned together; a chime.
- A loud burst of noise: peals of laughter.
- A loud noise, or a succession of noisy noises, since bells, thunder, cannon, shouts, laughter, of numerous, etc.
- A small salmon; a grilse; a sewin.
- A loud noise, or a succession of noisy noises, at the time of bells, thunder, cannon, shouts, of a multitude, etc.
- some bells tuned to one another according to the diatonic scale; also, the modifications rung on some bells.
- A loud noise, or a succession of noisy noises, by bells, thunder, cannon, shouts of a large number, etc.
- A set of bells tuned to one another; a chime or carillon; a ring.
- A musical term or figure played on some bells, precisely a scale or element of a scale played up or down, but in addition placed on any melodic figure; a change.
- Appeal; plaint; accusation.
- See peel.
- A name used in The united kingdomt for various types of the genus Salmo, as S. salar, the salmon, or S. cambricus, a trout present England, Ireland, and Norway. The latter can be called sewin.
- a-deep prolonged noise (at the time of thunder or huge bells)
- To allure.
- To utter or give out noisy sounds.
- To resound; to echo.
- To sound loudly and sonorously.
- To utter or give forth loudly; to cause to provide out loud noises; to noise abroad.
- To assail with sound or loud noises.
- To pour out.
- To seem with a peal or peals.
- To utter or sound loudly.
- To assail with noise.
- To pour away.
- ring recurrently
- sound loudly and sonorously
- To appear loudly; resound: because, the pealing organ.
- To assail with sound.
- To utter loudly and sonorously; cause to band or seem; celebrate.
- To stir or agitate.
- To appeal.
- An obsolete variation of stack.
- Definition for "peal"
- A ringing of a set of bells, especially…
- View More
- Sentence for "peal"
- Quotes for "peal"
- "Every night, half an hour before…"
- View More
- Synonym for "peal"
- Verb Forms for "peal"
- Phrases for "peal"
- Rhyme for "peal"
- Hypernym for "peal"
- Cross Reference for "peal"
- Same Context for "peal"