Definition for "pavonine"
Sentence for "pavonine"
- Here Cooney calls Peter Osgood "pavonine",…
Synonym for "pavonine"
- Of or resembling a peacock.
- Resembling a peacock's end in color, design, or iridescence.
- Of or with respect to the genus Pavo or its sub-family Pavoninae, like the peafowl.
- having the color or iridescence of a peacock feather.
- Resembling the tail of a peacock.
- Like, or with respect to, the genus Pavo.
- Characteristic of a peacock; resembling the tail of a peacock, like in colors; iridescent.
- Tarnish available on some ores and metals which resembles the tail feathers of a peacock.
- Any bird through the sub-family Pavoninæ.
- Peacock's-tail tarnish; the iridescent luster available on some ores and metallic items.
- with respect to, resembling, or attribute of a peacock; pavonian.
- Resembling a peacock's tail in iridescence.