- a lady just who aids, shields, or champions some one or something, like an institution, event, or cause; a sponsor or benefactor.
- a female who possesses the right to give an ecclesiastical benefice to a part of this clergy.
- A patron saint. See Usage Note at -ess.
- a lady whom sponsors or aids certain activity, person etc.; a lady patron.
- a lady patron or assistant.
- a lady patron.
- a woman that is a patron or even the wife of a patron
Sentence for "patroness"
- Eustace smiled meekly, but answered somewhat…
Hypernym for "patroness"
Same Context for "patroness"