Definition for "pastiche"
- A dramatic, literary, or musical piece openly imitating…
Sentence for "pastiche"
Rhyme for "pastiche"
Hypernym for "pastiche"
Same Context for "pastiche"
Urban Dictionary for "pastiche"
- A dramatic, literary, or musical piece openly imitating the previous works of various other artists, often with satirical intention.
- A pasticcio of incongruous parts; a hodgepodge: "In . . . a city of splendid Victorian structure . . . there was an extremely pointless pastiche of Dickensian London upon the waterfront” ( Economist).
- a-work of art, crisis, literature, songs, or design that imitates the job of a previous artist.
- A musical medley, usually quoting other works.
- An incongruous mixture; a hodgepodge.
- A postmodern playwriting method that fuses multiple types, genres, and story outlines generate a unique kind.
- identical to pasticcio.
- a work of art that imitates the form of some previous work
- a musical composition consisting of some tracks or other music pieces from various resources
- to produce or compose in an assortment of types.