- Music an email that links two consonant pitches by stepwise movement and in most cases takes place on a weak beat. Also called passing tone.
- In songs, an unessential or discordant tone melodically along with harmonically important shades, either among them or after that above or below them. Such accessory shades usually are unaccented.
- a nonharmonic note inserted for transition between harmonic notes
- a character including a passing tone.
Definition for "passing note"
- Music an email that links two consonant pitches…
Hypernym for "passing note"