- An unaccompanied secular, frequently homophonic choral composition, specifically regarding the 19th century.
- An unaccompanied secular polyphonic song predating the madrigal.
- a type of unaccompanied, often homophonic, vocal structure typically for a few sounds or a small choir
- a song in 2 or more (commonly four) distinct singing components.
- A song with a couple of sound components.
- In music, a vocal composition for 2 or higher independent voices or parts; loosely, a glee or madrigal, and sometimes a round or catch. Part-songs are often meant to be sung without accompaniment.
- a song with several voice components
- Definition for "part song"
- An unaccompanied secular, frequently homophonic choral composition, specifically…
- View More
- Hyponym for "part song"
- Hypernym for "part song"