- Having an acute accent regarding alongside final syllable. Used of some terms in Greek and certain Romance languages, including French and Portuguese.
- getting the stress or accent from the penultimate syllable.
- A paroxytone word.
- A word having an acute accent on the penultimate syllable.
- In Gr. grammar, a word which has an acute accent in the penultimate syllable.
- term having tension or severe accent on the alongside final syllable
- In Gr. sentence structure, having, or characterized by, an acute accent on the penultimate syllable.
- To write or pronounce with an acute accent regarding penultimate: since, to paroxytone a word.
- Definition for "paroxytone"
- Having an acute accent regarding alongside final syllable.…
- View More
- Sentence for "paroxytone"
- Hypernym for "paroxytone"
- Etymologically Related for "paroxytone"