- Allied by derivation from the exact same root; obtaining the same stem; including, breathtaking and beauteous.
- obtaining the same root or derivation; conjugate.
- Having the same sound, but different orthography and different meaning.
- getting the exact same derivation; allied drastically; conjugate; -- said of specific words, as guy, mankind, manhood, etc.
- Having an equivalent noise, but different orthography and various definition; -- stated of particular words, as all and awl; hair and hare, etc.
- Having the exact same derivation; allied in origin; drastically allied; conjugate: as, smart, carefully, knowledge; guy, manhood, mankind.
- getting the exact same or a like noise, but varying in orthography and signification: because, all, awl; ball, bawl; tresses, hare.
- produced from a word in another language with slight modification of kind.
Sentence for "paronymous"
- That the playing with paronymous terms…
Synonym for "paronymous"