- A bone situated straight away beneath the sphenoid when you look at the root of the head in many vertebrates.
- an extended azygous dagger-shaped membrane-bone extending in midline lengthwise under the root of the head in Sauropsida, along the course of the sphenoid bone right. It forms area of the so-called rostrum or beak of the head.
- A median unpaired bone tissue underlying the skull of amphibians and fishes, articulating aided by the vomer right in front sufficient reason for a number of bones behind.
- This does not seem to be equivalent bone tissue as that similar title into the higher vertebrates, and it has already been ho-mologized by some writers with all the true vomer of the latter. See def. 1, and cuts under Lepidosiren and Anura.
- Near the sphenoid bone tissue; -- used especially to a bone situated immediately beneath the sphenoid within the foot of the skull in several creatures.
- Lying under or alongside the sphenoid; of or pertaining to the parasphenoid, in a choice of sense; parasphonoidal.
Sentence for "parasphenoid"
- He recognised also that the bone…
- View More