- among erect sterile filaments frequently occurring one of the reproductive body organs of certain fungi, algae, and mosses.
- A minute jointed filament developing among the list of archegonia and antheridia of mosses, or using the spore instances, etc., of other flowerless flowers.
- A minute jointed filament growing one of the archegonia and antheridia of mosses, or with all the spore cases, etc., of other flowerless flowers.
- An erect, usuallycolorless,sterile, unicellular or pluricellular filament or dish accompanying the spore-bearing or sexual body organs of cryptogamous plants.
- An outgrowth of the roofing of fore-brain, developed as you're watching epiphysis, in hinder area associated with the prosencephalon.
- a sterile easy or branched filament or tresses borne among sporangia; can be directed or clubbed
Sentence for "paraphysis"
- -- Longitudinal section through the summit…
Hypernym for "paraphysis"
Cross Reference for "paraphysis"
Variant for "paraphysis"