- A mineral crystal created or impacted by paramorphism. Also known as allomorph1.
- a type of pseudomorph by which there's been a change of physical qualities without alteration of chemical composition, like in the alteration of aragonite to calcite.
- some sort of pseudomorph, which there's been a big change of physical characters, by a modification of crystal construction without alteration of substance structure, once the change of aragonite to calcite; known as in addition allomorph.
- A taxonomic variation observed within a species, for which a more certain term is not assigned.
- In mineralogy, a pseudomorph formed by a modification of molecular construction without a change of substance composition: therefore, rutile happens as a paramorph after brookite, and aragonite after calcite. See pseudomorph and paramorphism.
Variant for "paramorph"
- View More