- A tall, aquatic, Mediterranean sedge (Cyperus papyrus) having numerous sagging rays grouped in umbels. Also known as Egyptian report rush, report plant.
- A material which to write made from the pith or perhaps the stems with this sedge, made use of especially because of the old Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans.
- A document written on this material.
- A plant in the sedge family members, Cyperus papyrus, indigenous to the Nile river valley.
- A material just like report made from the papyrus plant.
- A scroll or document written on papyrus.
- A tall rushlike plant (Cyperus Papyrus) for the Sedge household, previously growing in Egypt, now present Abyssinia, Syria, Sicily, etc. The stem is triangular and about an inch thick.
- The material upon which the ancient Egyptians typed. It absolutely was formed by cutting the stem associated with the plant into slim longitudinal cuts, of gummed collectively and squeezed.
- A manuscript written on papyrus; esp., pl., written scrolls made of papyrus.
- The paper -reed or -rush, Cyperus Papyrus (Papyrus antiquorum), abounding on marshy river-banks in Abyssinia, Palestine, and Sicily, now virtually extinct in Egypt.
- a historical scroll, guide, or other document, or a fragment of the same, written on papyrus.
- report created from the papyrus plant by cutting it in strips and pressing it flat; utilized by ancient Egyptians and Greeks and Romans
- a document written on papyrus
- high sedge of this Nile area yielding dietary fiber that served numerous functions in historical times
- Definition for "papyrus"
- A tall, aquatic, Mediterranean sedge (Cyperus papyrus) having…
- View More
- Sentence for "papyrus"
- Specially characteristic of Egypt, though not…
- View More
- Phrases for "papyrus"
- Hypernym for "papyrus"
- Etymologically Related for "papyrus"
- Same Context for "papyrus"
- Variant for "papyrus"
- Urban Dictionary for "papyrus"