- To talk or act insincerely or misleadingly; equivocate. See Synonyms at lie2.
- To be capricious; trifle.
- To quibble, particularly in bargaining.
- To haggle.
- to do something in insincere or deceitful way; to play false; to equivocate; to shift; to dodge; to trifle.
- To babble; to chatter.
- To chat insincerely; to prevaricate or equivocate in address or actions.
- To trifle.
- be deliberately uncertain or not clear to mislead or withhold information
- To trifle with; to waste; to squander in paltry means or on useless things.
- To talk in a trifling fashion; babble.
- To talk insincerely; equivocate; trifle; change; usage trickery.
- To trifle away; usage or invest in a paltry fashion; squander.
- To fashion by trickery; patch up.
Sentence for "palter"
Synonym for "palter"
Verb Forms for "palter"
Hypernym for "palter"
Form for "palter"