- A stylized palm leaf used as a decorative element, particularly in Persian rugs and in classical moldings, reliefs, frescoes, and vase paintings.
- A motif in ornamental art resembling the fan-shaped leaves of a palm tree.
- A floral ornament, typical in Greek also old structure; -- known as the honeysuckle decoration.
- In class. archæol., an ornament more or less resembling a palm-leaf, whether carved in relief on moldings, etc., or painted; an anthemion. See cut on following page.
- in some gastropods, an appendage of the mind.
Sentence for "palmette"
Variant for "palmette"