- Any of several caterpillars that injure fruit woods by feeding on their leaves, particularly the little green caterpillar of us moth Dichomeris ligulella.
- A gelechiid moth, Dichomeris ligulella, destructive to particular trees.
- Any hairy caterpillar which appears in great figures, devouring herbage, and wandering about like a palmer. Title is applied and to various other voracious bugs.
- In America, the larva of any one of the moths, which damages the foliage of fresh fruit and woodland woods, esp. the larva of Ypsolophus pometellus, which sometimes appears in vast figures.
- A caterpillar; particularly, a hairy caterpillar damaging to vegetation, but what sort is unknown or undetermined.
- in america, the larva associated with tineid moth Ypsilophus pometella, which in east places seems on leaves associated with apple in June, draws all of them together, and skeletonizes all of them.
Sentence for "palmerworm"
Cross Reference for "palmerworm"