- Any of several caterpillars that injure fruit woods by feeding on their leaves, particularly the little green caterpillar of us moth Dichomeris ligulella.
- A gelechiid moth, Dichomeris ligulella, destructive to particular trees.
- Any hairy caterpillar which appears in great figures, devouring herbage, and wandering about like a palmer. Title is applied and to various other voracious bugs.
- In America, the larva of any one of the moths, which damages the foliage of fresh fruit and woodland woods, esp. the larva of Ypsolophus pometellus, which sometimes appears in vast figures.
- A caterpillar; particularly, a hairy caterpillar damaging to vegetation, but what sort is unknown or undetermined.
- in america, the larva associated with tineid moth Ypsilophus pometella, which in east places seems on leaves associated with apple in June, draws all of them together, and skeletonizes all of them.
- Definition for "palmerworm"
- Any of several caterpillars that injure fruit woods…
- View More
- Sentence for "palmerworm"
- Cross Reference for "palmerworm"