- A plant on the seacoast of Northern European countries, America and Asia (Mertensia maritima), the new leaves of which have actually a powerful flavor of oysters.
- The sea-lungwort, Mertensia maritima, whose leaves have an oyster flavor.
- The goat's beard or salsify, Tragopogon porrifolius. See salsify. Also called vegetable oyster.
- edible base of the salsify plant
- long white salsify
- Mediterranean biennial herb with long-stemmed heads of purple ray flowers and milky sap and lengthy edible root; naturalized throughout usa
- Definition for "oyster plant"
- Hypernym for "oyster plant"
- Cross Reference for "oyster plant"