- a little crab (Pinnotheres ostreum) that life commensally inside the shell of a bivalve mollusk such as for instance an oyster or a clam.
- a tiny crab (Pinnotheres ostreum) which lives as a commensal inside gill cavity of this oyster.
- among little crabs which live with oysters into the shells of latter; a pea-crab. The kind which life inside typical oyster is a grapsoid crustacean, Pinnotheres ostreum. See Pinnotheres.
- small soft-bodied crab residing inside the mantle hole of oysters
Definition for "oyster crab"
- a little crab (Pinnotheres ostreum) that life commensally…
Hypernym for "oyster crab"