- associated with or becoming a Greek term which have an acute accent on its final syllable.
- concerning or becoming a word who has much stress accent on its final syllable.
- related to a word utilizing the stress or an acute accent from the final syllable.
- Having an acute noise; (Gr. Gram.), having an acute accent in the final syllable.
- A word getting the stress or the acute accent on last syllable.
- A word aided by the anxiety or an acute accent on final syllable.
- An acute sound.
- A word obtaining the intense accent regarding the last syllable.
- A word with the acute accent on the final syllable.
- word having stress or an acute accent regarding final syllable
- In sentence structure, particularly Greek grammar: Having or described as the severe accent regarding the final syllable.
- Causing a word to make the acute accent regarding the last syllable: as, an oxytone suffix.
- In grammar, to pronounce or write using intense accent regarding the final syllable: since, to oxytone a word.
Sentence for "oxytone"
Hypernym for "oxytone"
Etymologically Related for "oxytone"