- air, particularly extra air: oxyacetylene.
- Concerning oxygen
- Sharp, keen, severe, pungent, acid
- A compound containing air.
- A compound containing the hydroxyl group, even more precisely designated by hydroxy-. See hydroxy-.
- Of or regarding an ox; resembling an ox; bovine.
- Wet; smooth; spongy: applied to land.
- In chem., a prefix suggesting the substance called includes oxygen. In all cases it really is chemically synonymous with hydroxy-, which is become favored.
Etymologically Related for "oxy-"
Form for "oxy-"
Same Context for "oxy-"
Variant for "oxy-"