- Containing a higher proportion of alcohol than proof spirit, especially containing a lot more than 50 per cent liquor by amount.
- having a greater proportion of alcohol than proof-spirit. Often abbreviated to OP.
- Containing more alcohol than proof-spirit; more powerful than proof-spirit; this is certainly, containing above 49.3 per cent by fat of alcoholic beverages.
- Having a less specific-gravity than 0.91984: said of alcohol liquors.
Sentence for "overproof"
- Bruce Arthurs #655: More prosaically, John…
Cross Reference for "overproof"