- A decorative construction or an ornamental panel situated above a mantelpiece.
- A decorative framework, usually plasterwork or carved timber, and often containing a mirror, over a mantelpiece
- In furniture-making, the frame of racks, decorative panels, or even the love, frequently including a mirror, which covers the chimney-breast over the mantelshelf.
- a shelf over a mantelpiece
- Placed over the rack of a mantel, or willing to be therefore put: stated of a painting, a carved panel, or perhaps the want.
- Definition for "overmantel"
- A decorative construction or an ornamental panel situated…
- View More
- Sentence for "overmantel"
- Hypernym for "overmantel"
- Same Context for "overmantel"