- Accomplished, traversing, or moving within the land instead of the sea: an overland trip; an overland course.
- by or across land, particularly of vacation
- Being, or accomplished, throughout the land, in place of by water.
- taking a trip or passing over land
- through land: traveled overland toward farm.
- Over, across, or by land.
- By, upon, or across, land.
- Over or around the world.
- Passing by land; made or done upon or over the land: as, an overland trip.
- Especially— The route from Great Britain to India by way of the Isthmus of Suez, as opposed to that around the Cape of Good Hope.
- The course from the country east of this Mississippi to your Pacific shore over the flatlands therefore the Rocky Mountains, unlike that around Cape Horn, or by means of the Isthmus of Darien.
- In Australian Continent, to mix the united states with herds of cattle, sheep, etc.
- Definition for "overland"
- Accomplished, traversing, or moving within the land instead…
- View More
- Sentence for "overland"
- The Port. word (attested from 1559)…
- View More
- Phrases for "overland"
- Cross Reference for "overland"
- Equivalent for "overland"
- Urban Dictionary for "overland"