- An outer coat of glaze on an item of pottery.
- A painted or imprinted design applied over a glaze.
- The external layer or coat of glaze on a piece of pottery
- A decoration, often enamel, used over a glaze.
- In ceramics, an additional glaze placed on a piece of porcelain which the very first glaze is deeply coloured or crackled, or covered with paintings in enamel.
- to make use of an overglaze to.
- used or created for using over a ceramic glaze.
- Applied across glaze; -- said of enamel paintings, which sometimes have emerged to project through the surface associated with ware.
- suited to using upon the glaze; -- said of vitrifiable colors found in porcelain design.
- To glaze over; address with trivial brilliancy; hide (an inferior material) with anything more showy.
- In ceramics, used for artwork upon the glaze: stated of a vitrifiable pigment: as, an overglaze color.
Sentence for "overglaze"
- Doucai is a porcelain that combines…
Verb Forms for "overglaze"