- To outbid (you) for something, as at an auction.
- Games To bid over the value of (one's hand in bridge, as an example).
- To bid or provide beyond, or perhaps in excess of.
- To bid higher than the actual worth of one thing.
- A bid higher than another bid.
- An excessively high provide to pay or accept an amount.
- The statement of a goal, before beginning play, that exceeds the goal in fact achieved.
- a bid that's greater than preceding bids
- (connection) a bid that is more than your adversary's bid (especially when your partner has not yet bid at all as well as your quote surpasses the value of one's hand)
- to create an excessively large provide to pay or accept a price.
- To announce a goal, before starting play, that surpasses the goal in fact realized.
- quote more than the item is worth
- to bid for lots more tricks than one can be prepared to win,
- To outbid; overpay; do over pay money for.
- To bid above a just cost; offer significantly more than an equivalent.
Sentence for "overbid"
- a compromise, a "modified Vickrey" where…
Verb Forms for "overbid"
Hypernym for "overbid"
Variant for "overbid"