- In or at a posture above or higher than: a sign throughout the door; a hawk gliding on the mountains.
- preceding and across from one end or part to the other: a jump over the fence.
- to another side of; across: strolled over the bridge.
- Across the side of and down: dropped within the cliff.
- on the other hand of: a village over the edge.
- Upon the top of: place a coat of varnish on the woodwork.
- in addition to or down upon: clubbed him on the mind; tripped on the toys.
- through level of; during: strolled throughout the reasons; viewed the report.
- Through the medium of; thru: resolved united states over the loudspeaker; cannot inform you over the telephone.
- So as to protect: place rocks over a cave entry; tossed a shawl over the woman arms.
- around or more compared to amount or height of: The water had been over my arms.
- Through the period or extent of: records preserved over 2 yrs.
- Until or beyond the end of: stayed on the holidays.
- over in level, quantity, or degree: over ten kilometers; over a lot of dollars.
- In superiority to: won a narrow victory over her opponent; a definite advantage over our competitors.
- In preference to: selected him over all the others.
- In a position to rule or get a handle on: The manager presides across conference. There's no one over him within the division.
- So as to make a splash or influence on: the alteration that came over you.
- While occupied with or involved with: a chat over coffee.
- with regards to; concerning: a disagreement over practices.
- Above; above; more than; more up.
- around or spanning.
- so concerning protect.
- over; to a greater degree.
- Beyond; past; exceeding; an excessive amount of or too far.
- Divided by.
- in comparison with.
- From one real position to another via an obstacle that needs to be traversed vertically, very first upwards and downwards.
- Finished with; completed with; from 1 state to a different via a hindrance that must definitely be solved or beaten; or via a 3rd suggest that presents a difference from first couple of.
- while using the, particularly while ingesting.
- concerning or regarding
- Above, or maybe more than, set up or position, using notion of addressing; -- against
- Across; back and forth of; -- implying a passing or moving, either over the material or thing, or on top of it.
- Upon the surface of, or perhaps the entire area of; hither and thither upon; through the entire whole degree of
- preceding; -- implying superiority in quality, self-esteem, condition, or worth.
- preceding in expert or section; -- implying federal government, course, care, interest, guard, responsibility, etc.; -- against
- Across or during the time of; from starting to end of
- over the perpendicular height or duration of, with an idea of measurement.
- past; in excess of; in addition to; more than.
- Above, implying superiority after a contest; in spite of; notwithstanding
- over the top or area: climbed the ladder and peered more than.
- Across to some other or opposing part: ended during the curb, after that crossed more than.
- Across the advantage, brink, or brim: The coffee spilled over.
- Across an intervening area: put the ball over.
- Across a distance in a specific way or at a place: everyday lives over in The united kingdomt.
- to some other frequently specified spot or place: Move your seat over toward the fire.
- to 1's host to residence or business: welcomed us more than for cocktails.
- Throughout an entire location or region: wandered all-over.
- to a new opinion or allegiance: win someone over.
- in order to be comprehensible, acceptable, or efficient; around: in the course of time got my point over.
- to a new person, problem, or title: indication the property over.
- in order to be completely enclosed or covered: The river froze more than. Engineers sealed the tunnel entry over.
- Completely through; from starting to end: Think the problem over. Let's browse the memo over.
- From an upright place: kicked the bookstand over.
- From an upward place to an inverted or reversed position: switch the paper over.
- Another time; once more: counted his cards over; must do so over.
- In repetition: made me personally write it ten times more than.
- furthermore or extra; in excess: countless food remaining.
- Beyond or until a specified time: stay each day over.
- At an end: summer time is finished.
- Again; another time; yet again; once more.
- Thoroughly; entirely; from beginning to end.
- From an upright place to being horizontal.
- Horizontally; left to right or to left.
- from a single position or condition to some other.
- over night (for the night).
- From one side to another; from side to side; across; crosswise.
- from 1 person or location to another regarded as on the contrary part of an area or barrier; -- used in combination with verbs of movement
- From beginning to end; through the entire training course, level, or expanse of any such thing
- From inside to outside, above or throughout the top.
- Beyond a limit; for this reason, in exorbitant degree or volume; superfluously; with repetition.
- In a fashion to bring the under part to or towards top
- done; at an end; beyond the limit of continuance; completed.
- Excessively; a lot of or too considerably; -- mainly used in composition.
- at or even a point across intervening area etc.
- throughout some time
- beyond the top or upper area or side; forward from an upright position
- within the whole area
- throughout an area
- External; outer.
- Excessive; extreme.
- maybe not however used up; remaining.
- additional; excess.
- Finished; ended or concluded.
- Upper; addressing; greater; superior; -- mainly used in structure.
- exorbitant; way too much or too great; -- mainly utilized in structure.
- having come or already been brought to a conclusion
- Sports A series of six balls bowled in one end of a cricket pitch.
- A set of six legal balls bowled.
- Any excess amount of cash, products delivered, etc.
- a particular number of balls (usually four) delivered successively from behind one wicket, after which the basketball is bowled from behind one other wicket as numerous times, the fielders switching locations.
- In cricket, the number of balls delivered between consecutive modifications of bowlers; in addition, the component or element of the overall game played between these types of modifications.
- An excess; extent where one sum or amount exceeds another.
- (cricket) the unit of play where six balls are bowled in the batsman by one player from other team from the exact same end for the pitch
- To jump over: Horse and driver overed the stile effortlessly.
- utilized in two-way radio to point that a transmission is full and a reply is anticipated.
- In radio communications: end of phrase, ready to accept reply.
- over against As opposed to; contrasted with.
- past In addition to: vacation expenditures over and above enjoyment prices.
- again and again over and over; continuously.
- over with Completely finished; done: let us obtain the shopping over with.
- In a spot or place higher than, plus in a vertical direction from (the object); above in position, position, expert, etc.
- therefore — Overlooking or overhanging.
- Above in authority or in the workout of energy, government, guidance, or attention.
- Above in strength, self-esteem, quality, value, or charm: articulating eminence or superiority as ascertained by comparison, competition, or struggle, and hence implying overcoming, success, victory, exultation: since, success over urge.
- Above high, level, quantity, volume, or level; higher, further, or even more than; ascending of: as, over head and ears with debt or in love; over 1000 bucks.
- In heraldry, resting upon and partly covering. Hence, a lion over a fesse means that the lion is charged upon the fesse, either included within its edges or projecting beyond all of them, as distinguished from overhead, meaning placed greater regarding the escutcheon.
- About or upon, to be able to cover; upon and around.
- On; upon; to-and-fro or back-and-forth upon, articulating connection of repeated or continued movement or energy; through or perhaps in all areas of (often along with): as, to ramble across areas; to pore over a novel; to imagine over a project; to find all around the city.
- About; concerning; regarding; because of: as, to cry over spilt milk; to stress over a trifle.
- On the other side of.
- Across, in such a way regarding sleep on and rely from: as, to carry a cloak over one's supply.
- throughout the continuance or length of time of; towards the end of and past: since, to help keep corn across cold temperatures; to keep instantly or over Sunday.
- While involved with or partaking of: as, they discussed the matter over a bowl of punch, or higher a casino game of billiards.
- from other side of: as, from within the sea.
- within the measurement of ships, equipment, and, generally, of items which have overhanging or projecting components (given that bowsprit of a vessel, the flywheel of an engine, etc.), in a straight range involving the most commonly separated extremities, including these types of components or projections.
- Synonyms Over, Above. Above expresses better elevation, not necessarily in or near a perpendicular path; over expresses perpendicularity or something like that near it: therefore, one cloud could be above another, without getting on it. Over frequently implies movement or expansion where overhead would not; hence the real difference in sense of the flying of a bird over or above a house, the hanging of a branch over or above a wall. In such uses over seems to express better nearness.
- On the top or area; on the outside.
- in most parts; everywhere; throughout: frequently with. See around, under all.
- From side to side; in degree or width; across.
- Across from this or that part (to the other); across an intervening room to another part.
- Yonder; in length; in a direction suggested: as, over because of the mountain; over yonder.
- By actual and complete transference in to the control or maintaining of some other: since, which will make over residential property to a single; to produce over prisoners; handy over cash.
- in order to reverse (some thing); to be able to show the other or a different sort of part: as, to move or turn a stone over.
- over the top, brim, rim, or side: as, the cooking pot boils over.
- Throughout; from starting to end; thoroughly.
- excessively; beyond whatever is assigned or required; kept; staying: because, nineteen contains five three times and four over.
- In or even an excessive degree; too; extremely: since, become over mindful; over hot; over-hasty: inside feeling generally written like in composition, with a hyphen.
- once more; once again: as, i'll take action over.
- In repetition or succession: since, he's rich enough to trade you twice more than.
- At an end; in a situation of completion or cessation; before: as, all is over; is the conference over?
- really; in great measure or degree: as, he's not past well.
- begin to see the verbs. [Over is significantly used while the first element in substances, denoting either a going or passing over, through, across, etc., as in overcast, overthrow, etc., or as a preposition with a noun, as overboard, oversea, etc., or denoting, with a verb, excess or superiority, such as overact, overcome, etc. Within the last few use it may be accompanied with nearly every verb. Only a few, comparatively, of these compounds tend to be registered inside work. As a prefix, as well as when a distinct term, over is oftentimes poetically contracted into o'er.]
- Outer; offering as or designed for an outer covering: because, overshoes; an overcoat.
- to debate; leap or vault over, like in the video game of leap-frog.
- going, pass, or climb up over.
Sentence for "over"
- The praise and much of the…
- View More
Quotes for "over"
- "I'm death obsessed. You know, I…"
- View More
Synonym for "over"
- View More
Verb Forms for "over"
- View More
Phrases for "over"
- voice over
- View More
Rhyme for "over"
- View More
Cross Reference for "over"
- View More
Equivalent for "over"
- View More
Etymologically Related for "over"
- hand over fist
- View More
Same Context for "over"
- View More
Urban Dictionary for "over"
- Said after a conversation entry from…
- View More
Sports Dictionary for "over"
- a collection of six relatively delivered…
- View More