- A small opening or pore, by a fruiting human body.
- a little gap or orifice by which specific fungi release their particular mature spores.
- A similar gap or orifice in plants, for instance the opening for the involuted fig inflorescence whereby fig wasps enter to pollinate and type.
- the outside opening of a stomate. See stomate.
- Any tiny orifice.
- a tiny orifice or entry; just a little ostium.
- In zoology: One of the small inhalant pores or orifices of sponges.
- a little pore especially one out of the reproductive systems of specific algae and fungi by which spores go
Sentence for "ostiole"
- Ostiolar canal: a marginal furrow leading…
Hypernym for "ostiole"
Form for "ostiole"
Variant for "ostiole"